The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is the independent federal agency that manages U.S. foreign economic and humanitarian assistance programs around the world.
Dennis Hicklin is the Veterans Employment Program Manager within the USAID. In this role, he is responsible for promoting employment opportunities for veterans, consistent with Executive Order 13518. Prior to appointment at USAID, Dennis served as Federal Government employee for 20 years. Dennis has been a Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment & Staffing) for the past 13 years. He has managed outreach and recruitment initiatives for Title 5 and Title 38 occupations, as well as various diversity internship/scholarship programs for the United States Patent and Trademark Office, Food and Nutrition Service, Veterans Health Administration, National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration, and the Department of Air Force.
Mr. Hicklin’s career outside of the Federal government includes 3 years active duty with the United States Navy. Dennis has a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration in Marketing from Johnson C. Smith University. Mr. Hicklin currently lives in upper Marlboro, MD, is married and has 4 children.
- Financial Management
- Systems Accountant
- Foreign Service Auditor
- Human Resources
- Contract Specialist
- Contracting Officer - Foreign Service
- Program Analyst
- Foreign Service Program Analyst
- Democracy Specialist
- Health Officer - Foreign Service
- Engineering Officer - Foreign Service
- Private Enterprise Officer - Foreign Service
- Education Officer - Foreign Service
- Agriculture Development Officer - Foreign Service
- Crisis Stabilization & Governance - Foreign Service
- General Development Officer - Foreign Service