Veteran Job Opportunity
JOB ALERT!!! The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is seeking to fill an Environmental Engineer/Environmental Scientist position, GS-0819/1301 position located in the Office of Partnerships & Regulatory Assistance, Air Program, Indoor Air, Toxics and Transportation Unit, Denver, Colorado. EPA is ONLY accepting resumes from qualified veterans that are eligible under the Schedule A or 30%+ disabled veterans, or Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) non-competitive hiring authority. For more information on veteran hiring authorities, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/shav/.
EPA is looking for highly motivated candidates at the GS-07/09 with a full performance level at the GS-12.
This position will be dedicated to duties and responsibilities as a Clean Air Act (CAA) Rules Specialist. These duties include the following:
- Assist higher graded specialists with evaluating, documenting, and communicating regulatory, and technical requirements to state, local, and tribal air agencies and industry for sources of air pollution that are subject to the Clean Air Act Sections 111 (New Source Performance Standards), Section 112 (National Emissions Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants), and 129 (Combustion Source rules).
- Assist higher graded specialists working with EPA Headquarters and other Regions in the ongoing development of CAA programs by gathering and evaluating data, identifying novel issues of regional and national significance, developing draft policies, guidance, rules, and technical information, and developing recommendations for management review.
- Assist higher graded specialists in providing assistance to other EPA staff by researchingand developing recommendations on technical, policy, and guidance aspects of EPA CAAlaws and regulations.
- Apply professional scientific/engineering knowledge to conduct necessary research and data analysis to determine whether technical Federal requirements relating to the CAA are fulfilled.
GS-07: One year of graduate-level education or superior academic achievement plus 1 year specialized experience to at least GS-05.
GS-09: Two years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a masters’ degree or masters’ or equivalent graduate degree plus 1 year specialized experience equivalent to at least GS-07.
Knowledge (such as would be acquired through a pertinent graduate educational program or its equivalent in experience, training or independent study) of professional engineering and/or environmental science principles, concepts, and methodology, that has been supplemented by (a) skill gained through job experience to permit independent performance of recurring assignments.
Note: Education and experience may be combined for all grade levels to minimum eligibility requirements.
- Well organized individual with some experience in the field of environmental engineering or environmental science.
- Quick learner
- Skill in written and oral communication
- Interest in a broad range of Clean Air Act rules and policies
Eligibility to qualify for federal government positions at the GS-7/9 level.
Earth Day is every day at EPA! At EPA, you can protect human health and the environment of all Americans, and you’ll discover that EPA is one great place to work! We offer great benefits and work flexibilities, and our diverse workforce connects to more than just a career--we share a common passion to promote a cleaner, healthier environment.
Please send resume, DD-214, Schedule A letter and/or VA letter indicating 30% or more service connected disability, AND supporting documents (please redact social security numbers) to: Scott Jackson, Hiring Official at the EPA Region 8 Office in Denver, Colorado (firstname.lastname@example.org) by COB August 12, 2016.
Note: Your cover letter should clearly indicate the position for which you wish to be considered.
Selection will be made without discrimination for non-merit reasons such as race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicapping condition, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.