Welcome to the U.S. Office of Personnel Management’s Government-wide Veterans Employment Website. This website is a critical component of the Federal Government’s strategy for the recruitment and employment of veterans.
In 2009, Executive Order 13518, Employment of Veterans in the Federal Government, established the Veterans Employment Initiative and OPM created its Veterans Services Office to provide strategic leadership and direction for the Initiative. Using a strategic, straightforward approach to helping the men and women who have served our country in the military find employment in the Federal Government and helping to align the talents of these individuals with key positions, Veterans Services has better positioned the Government to meet mission objectives and citizens are better served. Veterans Services works across the Federal Government to increase the number of veterans, transitioning military service members, and their families employed and retained in the civil service. Currently, veterans represent approximately 31 percent of the Federal workforce, compared to 25.8 percent before the Executive Order was established.
- Established the Council on Veterans Employment
- Created FedsHireVets.gov website for Federal employment information
- Opened Veteran Employment Program Offices in 24 Agencies
- Published Veterans Recruitment and Employment Strategic Plan
- Implemented Veteran Employment Performance Measures
- Launched the Vets to Feds (V2F) Career Development Program