The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Office of Housing is seeking qualified veterans eligible and Schedule A applicants eligible for non-competitive hiring in the Federal government to fill a Contract Oversight Specialist (GTR), GS-1101-13, located in Washington, DC.
The incumbent of this position will perform assignments independently in support of procurement activities, or the review of that activity. The experience MUST be in all areas of the acquisition process from initiation through closeout of the contract; AND
The incumbent will provide advice, guidance, and training to others throughout all aspects of the acquisition process from planning, defining requirements, solicitation/evaluation, award, and contract monitoring and administration through closeout of the contract.
To successfully fulfill the requirements of this position, applicants are expected to possess the skill sets listed below:
1. Skills that have demonstrated communication with business partners/stakeholders, industry, procurement professionals and management officials.
2. Experience providing advice, guidance, and training to others throughout all aspects of the acquisition process from planning, defining requirements, solicitation/evaluation, and contract monitoring and administration through closeout of the contract.
3. Possess a Level II or Level III COR Certification, or Contract Officer (CO) Certification.
4. Experience composing written reports and proposals in order to explain and defend procurement recommendations to internal and external management officials, procurement oversight officials, or vendor representatives.
As a Contract Oversight Specialist (GTR), you will:
• Serve as the Technical expert in all aspects of the acquisition process from cradle to grave
• Serve on technical evaluation panels
• Perform contract administration including final contract close outs.
• Assist with writing performance work statement requirements.
• Serve as the primary liaison between contractors and contracting staff and prepare written technical assessments of contractor performance. Assure proper distribution of final products and other information resulting from contracts assigned.
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience that is equivalent to the GS-12 level of a contract specialist or experience equivalent directly to a GS-13 contract specialist performing the work outlined in the duties of this position.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their resumes, DD214, VA Disability Letter, Schedule A Letter, and any other supporting documents (please redact birthdates and social security numbers) to Vetshire@hud.gov by August 31, 2017. Please use “Facebook Housing Contract Oversight Specialist” in the subject line of the email.