The U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC), Economic Development Administration (EDA) is seeking to fill an Administrative Specialist, GS-0301-09 (Full Performance Level is GS-11) position located in the Denver Regional Office, 1244 Speer Blvd., Suite 431, Denver, CO 80204. Relocation support is not authorized. EDA is ONLY accepting resumes from qualified veterans that are eligible under the Schedule A, 30%+ disabled veterans, or Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) non-competitive hiring authority. For more information on veteran hiring authorities, please visit: https://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/shav/index.aspx.
The Economic Development Administration was established under the Public Works and Economic Development Act of 1965 to assist in stimulating industrial and commercial growth in economically distressed areas of the U.S. as a result of high unemployment, low per capita incomes or other severe economic distress.
EDA leads the federal economic development agenda by promoting innovation and competitiveness, preparing American regions for growth and success in the worldwide economy. Our dynamic culture recognizes employees' contributions and achievements, promotes teamwork and results-driven performance, and provides opportunities for learning and professional growth. Our employees are the Bureau's most important resources. Join our team if you are energetic, results driven, customer-focused, and like working in teams.
The incumbent performs office management functions that involve a variety of general support duties that are essential to the orderly and efficient accomplishment of the work of the regional office. His/her work in the following administrative areas involves identifying and analyzing procedural problems and issues that would likely have an impact on the effectiveness and efficiency of administration operations.
- Performs a variety of analytical, technical and administrative work in support of the regional office’s mission and objectives.
- Serves as the first line of contact for the general public and DRO’s internal and external customers; screening calls and visitors, outgoing and incoming mail.
- Manages the Regional Director’s calendar appointments and arranges meetings for the Regional Director as necessary.
- Assists the Administrative Director in all phases of administrative operations using various commercial and government /proprietary desktop applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Internet Explorer, fedtraveler.com, Commerce Business System and Commerce Purchase Card System, etc.
- As necessary and upon approval of the Administrative Director, procures supplies and services using the government purchase card and performs all required tasks associated with the government purchase card program such as market research, completing required procurement requests and reconciling purchase card transactions.
- Maintains a spreadsheet to track spending in all line items on the Regional S&E Allocation and advises the Administrative Director of monthly status of funds.
- Assists the Administrative Director in identifying adjustments necessary to budget estimates and/or a wide range of object classes and/or line items including transfers of funds between object classes to support the resultant unanticipated increases in obligations or expenditures
- Manages a filing or records system in accordance with directives on Records Management
- Responsible for Government Performance Results Act (GPRA) data reporting.
Assists in performing duties related to contact price/cost analysis for the procurement of the most economical products and/or services, property management, HR management (compensation, employee benefits, promotions, awards, leave administration, etc.) and space utilization and security management for the regional office.
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience with most or all of the following:
Experience using automated Office software and tools in order to support office operations; experience with a variety of administrative processes and procedures; experience and knowledge of travel regulations and procedures; experience and knowledge of grammar and correspondence procedures; and experience communicating on office matters with internal and external customers.
Intermediate or advanced proficiency in two of the major duties: front-line office support and use of MS Office Suite, Outlook 365, Adobe Acrobat, internet search engines to be effective in accomplishing the mission and objective of this position.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with the Federal Acquisition Regulations in order to be able to procure supplies and services in compliance with government procurement regulations.
Proven track record in excellent communication skills and customer service (at least 3 years’ progressive experience at the next lower grade or equivalent).
Combination of experience and education that meets the minimum qualification requirements. Education may be substituted for experience. If you wish to substitute education for specialized experience, you must submit a copy of your college transcript (official or unofficial) from an accredited education institution for verification.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. You will be required to provide proof of U.S. citizenship if selected for this position.
Email your resume, Cover Letter, professional references, and proof of non-competitive eligibility (NCE) to Jodi Duncan (firstname.lastname@example.org), Acting Administrative and copy email@example.com by COB December 28, 2016.
Note: Your cover letter should clearly indicate the position for which you wish to be considered. Please ensure the content of your resume adequately addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed in the solicitation announcement.
Selection will be made without discrimination for non-merit reasons such as race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicapping condition, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.