JOB ALERT!!! The U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC) Office of Facilities and Environmental Quality office is seeking to fill a Utility Systems Repairer Operator position, WG-4742-10/11 (In the range of $26.22 - $32.22) position located in the Office of Space & Building Management, Space Management Division, 1401 Constitution Ave .N.W., Washington DC 20230. Relocation support is not authorized. DOC is ONLY accepting resumes from qualified veterans that are eligible under the Schedule A, 30%+ disabled veterans, or Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) non-competitive hiring authority.
The Office of Facilities & Environmental Quality (OFEQ) is looking for bright, energetic, and results-oriented individuals to join our fast-paced organization. OFEQ is a team of professionals who provide quality support services to Department of Commerce employees, enabling them to focus on their core missions. OFEQ specialties include building management, real estate and energy and environmental management.
The selected candidate will serve as a Utility Systems Repairer Operator, in the Building Management Division (BMD) of OFEQ.
The selected candidate will be responsible for Utility Systems Repairer Operator duties which include, but are not limited to:
- The incumbent of the position is responsible for the operation, maintenance, adjustment, and repair of equipment that provides Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) in the Hebert C. Hoover Building (HCHB).
- Performs various tasks in connection with the testing, adjustment, repair, and operation of HVAC systems in the HCHB.
- Typical work assignments include the performance of preventative maintenance tasks which includes the systematic inspection, detection, and correction of problems before they disrupt service or before they develop into major defects.
- In addition, plans, lays out, sets up, and completes unique HVAC tasks using equipment of the trade, blueprints, sketches, oral instructions, or other specifications.
- Receives general assignments often with detailed instructions to include sketches, blueprints, oral instructions or Standard Operating Procedures.
- Uses independent judgment to determine materials, tools, equipment, procedures; and to layout work, setup equipment. Supervisor reviews work involving complex or unusual problems.
Applicants must have 1-year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (WG-9) or equivalent in the Federal service.
Specialized experience is that which equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position and should include most of the work activities such as, but not limited to:
· Thorough knowledge of the functions and procedures to operate and maintain heating and cooling systems.
· Ability to start, stop, regulate, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair the utilities for optimum efficiency.
· Knowledge of locations and functions, and kind and quality of materials to be used in repair of all system equipment.
· May require high level of knowledge of shop mathematics.
The Department of Commerce works with businesses, universities, communities, and the Nation’s workers to promote job creation, economic growth, sustainable development, and improved standards of living for Americans. Through its 12 bureaus and nearly 47,000 employees located in all 50 states and five U.S. territories and more than 86 countries worldwide, the Department administers critical programs that touch the lives of every American. The Department’s workforce is as diverse as its mission. It is made up of economists, Nobel winning scientists, foreign service officers, patent attorneys, law enforcement officers, and specialists in everything from international trade to aerospace engineering.
Email your resume, Cover Letter, professional references, and proof of NCE to Stephanie Mendez, with the Office of Space and Building Management at (email@example.com) by COB December 23, 2016.
Note: Your cover letter should clearly indicate the position for which you wish to be considered. Please ensure the content of your resume adequately addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed in the solicitation announcement.
Selection will be made without discrimination for non-merit reasons such as race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicapping condition, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.